Selenite’s Inherent Properties
Selenite is hydrous calcium sulfate mineral; a form of gypsum crystal also known as Satin Spur and in fine grain form Alabaster. Selenite is named after the Greek goddess of the moon, Selene because of its soft white light and many metaphysical and healing benefits.
The stone is tubular in shape, with striations running along it’s length. Selenite is found in Mexico, South America, USA, Australia and Madagascar and formed in evaporative clay beds and hot springs. They crystal manifests in ice-like, clear, striated, fine, delicate crystals, and it can grow into either in the v-shape twinning, the fishtail configuration or in a single extended point.
Selenite as a Gift of Creation
Due to the saltwater formation of selenite and our own saltwater beginnings, we resonate with the very essence of this crystal. Can it be that our illumination into the light has been assisted with selenite throughout our evolution, and it’s one of the key tools to keeping us in balance?
The answer is found in the healing energy within this powerful crystal. Selenite is an element of creation. Intensifying the light frequency, the resurgence of Selenite enhances our consciousness. Returning to this energetic element and tool now, at this point in history, enables us to create and intensify new seeds of consciousness.
Selenite is extremely sensitive, and acts just like “liquid light” from the angelic realm and universe. The crystals’ striations (fine parallel grooves and narrow bands) are the pathways for the illuminated substance of Spirit. Selenite vibrates more on the spiritual level than on the physical, and resides on the threshold between pure white light and physical matter.
This crystal is capable of displaying total transparency, and is the very essence of dreams and visions. Selenite builds and acts as the bridge to merge the highest frequencies of light with the most subtle levels of form. It’s so sensitive, selenite will fracture or break around extreme negative thoughts.
Healing Properties of Selenite
Selenite has a direct effect on the emotional body. However, unlike stones that soothe and calm the emotions, selenite activates the aspect of our nature connected to our true spiritual feeling and path.
These crystals are particularly effective in stabilizing the emotional body and bringing erratic emotions under calm control. Selenite is water soluible and will dissolve if left in liquid. This important characteristic is also a great metaphor of the inherent power of the crystal to melt away exaggerated emotions with the stabilizing light force of your “true nature and feeling”.
Selenite has a variety of specific transformational qualities:
- Brings the fifth dimensional light into third dimensional matter.
- Quickly opens balances and activates any chakra and is especial good with the third eye, crown chakra, and the soul star chakra above the head. It’s the most powerful clearing stone for the upper chakras.
- Cleanses the aura.
- Clears and energize all the glands of the body.
- Clears all blockages in the energy field.
- Cuts cords of dysfunctional energy from the etheric body.
- Ideal for purification and energetic cleansing, which makes it a perfect tool for healers.
- Directs high frequency energy into the body, stimulating spiritual, physical and emotional healing.
- Opens the inner self to the spiritual world.
- Magnifies the energy of what ever is placed on it many times over (including other crystals).
- Adds positive intentions into the energy body.
- Elevates the frequency of physical matter and lowers the frequency of light, enabling a new substance to bring spirit into matter.
- Acts as a tool for enlightenment as it heralds the link between spirit and matter.